A reminder, applications are open for community-based projects under the New Horizons for Seniors Program until October 20th, 2020. Eligible organizations can apply for up to $25,000 for projects that are led by seniors and volunteer-based. You can only apply to the program for 1 grant, either for a small grant up to $5,000, or a regular grant up to $25,000.This year, organizations can apply for funding to support seniors dealing with the pandemic by submitting project proposals that offer specific COVID-19 relief and recovery activities for seniors. More traditional NHSP projects planned for delivery in 2021–2022 can also be submitted.
- promoting volunteerism among seniors and other generations
- engaging seniors in the community through the mentoring of others
- expanding awareness of elder abuse, including financial abuse
- supporting the social participation and inclusion of seniors
- providing capital assistance for new and existing community projects and programs for seniors
For more information: https://www.canada.ca/…/programs/new-horizons-seniors.html