Canada’s New Horizons for Seniors Program (NHSP) plays an important role in supporting partnerships that provide older Canadians with opportunities to share their knowledge, skills and experiences with others in their community. The NHSP provides seniors in communities across Canada with a wide range of opportunities to get involved in local activities that address their needs and interests, and to share their knowledge and experiences to the benefit of community members of all ages.
The New Horizons for Seniors Program Call for Proposals, open until June 15, 2018, is seeking proposals for projects led or inspired by seniors. Organizations are invited to apply for funding, under the following three national priorities, for projects that empower seniors to initiate and participate in activities that benefit:
- the vulnerable seniors populations,
- focus on diversity of Canada’s seniors; and
- will promote volunteerism to increase an organization’s capacity.
- Eligible organizations can receive up to $25,000 in project funding. Starting this year, organizations that have not benefitted from NHSP funding during the last five years can receive up to $5,000 as part of the new small grants pilot project.
- Funding: New Horizons for Seniors Program – Community-based projects
- Funding: New Horizons for Seniors Program – Pan-Canadian projec
- New Horizons for Seniors Program – Engaging Seniors, Strengthening Communities
I would encourage all eligible groups and organizations to apply for programs that will engage or enhance the lives of seniors in our communities.